Sunday, May 17, 2015

Post ascension day

I had today off! Yesterday was ascension day, which is 10 days before Pentecost and I worked all day (remember the 4,200 seeds) so I get today off! Just in time, my apartment is a complete mess and I need to do laundry, on top of that I have to make a trip to the Burgerservice (pretend there are umlauts over that “u”). the burger service is basically the city government. I had to turn in a form that tells them I’m living here. This morning I made the trek out to the Burger and then it was time for sight-seeing! I walked up a hill to the north west of town called Napoleonstein. It’s the hill where Napoleon stood and watched the battle of Jena, there’s a little memorial here. It’s also a nice little hill, I saw some trails down the hill that look like people have ridden bikes down the hill. It’s not that steep though, this is more my speed when it comes to mountain biking, as in, Craig probably wouldn’t break his shoulder on this hill.

From the top of the hill I could see a lot of the surrounding land and a little city that reached close to the top of the hill called Cospeda. I headed over there and trekked through the city. I wanted to go back to Jena a different way and ended up walking along the free way which I didn’t like. Eventually I found a dirt trail that followed the road. The dirt road went a little deep into the forest and I generally couldn’t see the road most the time. The funny thing was that I had 4g service the whole time in the middle of the forest. I made sure to skype several people while I had the chance which resulted in my phone dying. I was only lost for about 2 hours after that but I eventually found my way home (there’s one skyscraper in the city center so I just had to get to that to find my way home). It’s starting to feel like I’m actually in Germany rather than just any old place that has a place to work and a place to live.
hehe ausfahrt. I don't know what this means but it's written everywhere.

The Carl Zeiss Factory with the Mensa in front.

I buy stuff based on what it looks like, not the name.





Vita cola = gross. sandwich = good.


napoleonstein! That's an old man's bike, craig if he can survive it without shoulder damage, so can you.


2 comments:

  1. Loving the details. The girls especially enjoyed all the pee and poo talk from your first post! Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the details. The girls especially enjoyed all the pee and poo talk from your first post! Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete